First of April: raining day!
After Easter your body like mine need some peace: not hard stuff for your digestion’s system. I’d like to suggest you to prepare a lot of green smoothies or fresh juice.
I started my day with a not pink not green smoothie (strange name I Know but I really don’t have idea what color it’s !)
It’s vegan, raw, gluten free
half cup of strawberries (organic frozen)
half cup of raspberries (rganic frozen)
a cup of baby spinach leaves (local and organic)
1 banana (fair trade)
2 tangerine (organic)
a pinch of ginger powder
a spoon of agave soy milk
a tbs of wheat grass powder (thank you for courtesy of Navita)
I choose this ingredients for some reasons:
1. Strawberry: besides being a delicious fruit which provides high levels of Vitamin C, is recommended to detoxify and clean our body, and debug substances that contaminate it. Thanks to it, we unload toxins and it can even help us lose a few extra pounds, for its diuretic power. All these benefits are earned by its richness in water, which is almost 90% of the fruit and also potassium. There are many diets on the based on strawberries, some of them more extreme than others, where the strawberry can be the unique food for up to 3 days, exceeding this time limit may cause nutrition problems. However, if you do this properly, you may reduce your body fat and strawberries would improve your depurative system. For more information look a this site.
2. Raspberry: is very old, since the Neolithic people already eat. His composition is very similar to the strawberries, and including salicylic acid. Therefore, and its properties are similar to those of strawberries: tonic, diuretic, laxative, depurative, detoxifying, anti-rheumatic. However, it has a quality strawberries lacks: an action perspiration helps eliminate toxins. Raspberry is good for cures, whose principle is the same as the diet of strawberries also that raspberry ketone would stimulate adiponectin, a hormone that prevents the accumulation of fat in the body. In such a way, it would promote the mobilization and burning of your fatty deposits for energy.
3. Spinach: contains an impressive range of active substances which are indispensable to the body. In its structure we find mineral salts (sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc, manganese, iodine, copper), vitamins (C, B1, B2, B6, PP, E, K, folic acid, vitamin A), chlorophyll, amino acids such as arginine and lysine, but also lipids, protides, glucdes and fibers. With only 17 calories, 100 grams of spinach supplies the body with 5 mg of iron, 500 mg of potassium, 170 mg of calcium, 23 mg of vitamin C, 2 mg of vitamin E, 150 micrograms of folic acid, 3500 micrograms of beta-carotene and 7 grams of alimentary fibers. Because of this, an alimentary diet which contains spinach, leads to the strengthening of the body. The magnesium contained in spinach helps prevent diabetes; iodine helps treat skin diseases and strengthens the immune system; vitamin K contributes to bone resistance; vitamin B improves cerebral activity, helps in maintaining the firmness of the skin and controls insomnia; potassium stimulates the cardiac muscle; beta-carotene prevents sight problems and sulfur increases hair attractiveness. Alimentary fibers, vitamins and minerals contained make spinach a good depurative and detoxifier. The toxins originating in nourishments that are rich in fat and proteins of animal origin are thus eliminated quickly. At the same time, alimentary fibers prevent constipation and colon cancer. They interact with the absorption of fat and adjust the level of cholesterol in the body. Moreover, spinach can help eliminate intestinal parasites. All of these are sufficient reasons to start a diet based on spinach or at least for introducing it more often into everyday nourishment. By being nutritive, tonifying, mineralizing, calming for the nervous system and also a good coagulant, spinach benefits growth.
4. Tangerine: actually relieves the body of painful body spasms. Spasms often affect more than just the muscles of the body and are known to affect respiratory system, digestive system and nervous system. Tangerine has calming effect on nerves and is believed to relax organic systems and relieve spasms. Tangerine is regarded as a cytophylactic, as it stimulates cell division and generates new cells. Surprising it may sound, but this tangy fruit actually helps to repair all external wear and tear or any great damages done to the body. Is a rich blood purifying agent and is widely used a depurative. It is known to assist in the excretion of toxic and unwanted substances from the body such as uric acid, extra salt, pollutants and water. It is also known to boost body’s capacity to the retain oxygen in the erythrocytes (red blood cells), thus helping in purification of blood. And is known to be stomachic that assists to keep the stomach in good condition. It aids in proper flow of digestive juices, maintains right balance between acid and bile and cures all stomach infections and inflammations. More information here
5. Wheatgrass: helps to restore the proper pH balance in the digestive system. This balance of acidity and base that keeps the proper acidic level is essential to keeping the proper balance of bacteria in the intestinal tracts. If there is too much “bad bacteria,” this bacteria produces toxins that are absorbed into the bloodstream and go throughout the body, contributing to many long-term illnesses and even affecting mental health. Has alkaline in it that helps to kill off the “bad bacteria” by restoring the acidic level. This inhibits the growth of the “bad bacteria” and encourages the growth of “good bacteria”. This helps to restore the proper balance. In general, wheatgrass is known for helping to “clean out” the digestive system to restore balance. This includes the fact that wheatgrass is very high in fiber, which is essential for proper bowel movement function. Other properties here
I usually find very useful information on this web site also surfing the web you’ll find a lot of interesting information!
Let me Know what’is your favorite detoxing smoothie/juice!